Since it’s that time of the year where eating lots is socially recommended, let’s try some recipes. Let me share some ‘Skyrim’ yummies I found at other peoples’ blogs!
How make Sweetrolls (from geekychef.com)
How to make Black-Briar Mead, grilled leeks, and Elsweyr fondue (from gourmetgaming.co.uk)
Grilled leek and the fondue sound pretty easy to start with:
What you will need: A pot, a bowl, and a griddle pan.
Salt & Pepper
1 Clove Garlic
- Slice the leeks vertically in half and wash thoroughly in cool water. Pop the halved leeks in a large pot of water and bring to the boil. Cook for 4 minutes or until cooked about half way through, then drain and instantly submerge the leeks in a bowl of ice cold water to stop them from cooking any further.
- Dry the leeks in some paper towels then season with a little olive oil, salt and pepper and garlic. Warm a griddle pan on a medium heat.
- Lay a few leeks at a time, open side down on the pan. Try to keep them intact so they still have their shape. Turn them gently every few minutes to prevent from burning. Once cooked, lay on a plate or tray to serve.
Update: I tried grilling leek a few days ago.
I didn’t use either ice cold water nor a griddle pan, it worked without both just as well. Also, I added some mods to the above recipe: I used less garlic and dressed the leek with a few drops of honey and sesame seeds. It tasted delicious, but it’s really hard to cut. Use a sharp knife or you will probably end up with leeky mess.
What you will need: A fondue pot/a heavy pot and a grater.
200ml / 1 Cup Ale
110g / 1 Cup Mature Gruyère (Grated)
110g / 1 Cup Emmental (Grated)
1 Tablespoon Flour
¼ Teaspoon Nutmeg
1 Teaspoon Sugar
- If you have a fondue pot with a heater than use that. If not – you can also use a heavy pot to melt your ingredients.
- In the pot heat the Ale on a medium heat – do NOT allow it to boil.
- Mix the grated cheeses with the flour until it is lightly coated. Add the cheese a little at a time to the ale, stirring gently. Reduce heat to low.
- Once the cheese has melted, add the nutmeg and sugar and mix gently. Grate over a little more fresh nutmeg and serve.
You always have the ingredients to make this dish, maybe not at home but at least ingame. If only salt wasn’t so damn rare…
2 large Leeks (3 small)
1 TB Butter
2 cups Broth of Vegetables
1 pound Tomatoes (pureed)
1 TB Garlic
1/4 tsp from Salt Pile
1 tsp Basil
1 tsp Black Pepper
1. Melt the butter in a large stock pot. Add the diced leeks and saute for 15 minutes. Add in the basil and garlic and continue to cook for 5 more minutes.
2. Add in the vegetable stock and tomato puree. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Simmer over medium heat for 20 minutes.
And now, the food of kings: How to make Sunlight Soufflé (from Feast of Fiction)
Enjoy your meal and regain stamina and health!